2 Days Elephant Hills Jungle Safari
Elephant Hills is Thailand's first luxury tented accommodation built beside the Sok River next to Khao Sok and Klong Phanom national parks. Each tent has comfortable beds, proper bathrooms with shower and hot water and allows you to get close to nature in a luxurious and comfortable manner. Activities to experience during a visit include canoeing on the Sok River, treks through the jungle and travels by Land Rover to see ..Show More
Adventure Tours Phuket
Asian Trails Thailand offers special tours for Phuket and excellent rates for the 2 Days Elephant Hills Jungle Safari starting from 9,680.00 THB including all taxes and service charges.
Tour Type : Adventure Tours
Valid From : 2011-10-01
Valid To : 2012-10-31
Start From : 9,680.00 THB
Tour Package Itinerary
DAY 1 - PHUKET (OR KHAO LAK OR KRABI) - KHO SOK
- 07:00-08:30 - Pick up from hotels in Phuket and transfer to Khao Sok.
- 09:05 - Pick up from Phuket Airport (arrival flight before 09:00 hrs. only) and transfer to Khao Sok.
- 08:00-09:05 - Pick up from hotels in Krabi, Ao Nang Beach or Krabi Airport (arrival flight before 09:00 hrs. only) and transfer to Khao Sok.
- 09:00-09:45 - Pick up from hotels in Khao Lak and transfer to Khao Sok. En-route glimpses of tropical rural life here in southern Thailand can be seen along the way. Arrive at the elephant camp, here you can see, touch and find out about the life of Thai elephants and about the elephant project the company is running. Also the guide will explain about the mahout, the man who takes care of the elephant. Participating in our Elephant Experience you will get close to and experience hands on these magnificent animals, you will have the chance to interact with them and learn the secrets of their mahouts. You must prepare and feed them one of their daily meals, scrub and clean and watch them bathe. Feed them their dietary supplements that help with digestion and overall well being and plant some of their food which will be ready for next year's crop. A once in a lifetime chance to experience the Asian Elephant, the largest land animal in this part of the world.
Returning from the jungle with a huge appetite you will appreciate the buffet lunch that is served, a variety of Thai dishes cooked not too spicy. After lunch take a jungle river canoe trip down the Sok River. The canoes are very stable and safe; life jackets are provided as well as a local river guide to paddle the canoe. Drift along the jungle river passing Limestone Mountains and cliffs covered with exotic tropical vegetation. Sometimes hornbill can be seen flying high overhead or reptiles basking in the sun on the riverbanks. From the canoe you can experience a world that has changed little in thousands of years, some of the last areas of primary rainforest. After all this activity close to nature it is time for a hot shower and what better place than in the unique bathroom of your luxury safari tents. Relax and enjoy the panoramic views of the surrounding jungle covered mountains, 100% real nature. A wide selection of cocktails, wines, and spirits are available at the *Jungle explorer's club bar*. Afterwards it's time for dinner in this unique location beside the rainforest, the sounds and atmosphere will make this a memorable experience. Overnight in luxury safari tents with comfortable beds, reading lights, hot water and western style toilets. Real luxury close to the heart of the rainforest. The tents doors and windows are covered with mosquito netting as well as canvas flaps so insects and reptiles are not a problem. Temperatures at night drops, the tents are well ventilated; blankets keep you snug in the cool of the night.
DAY 2 - KHAO SOK - PHUKET (OR KHAO LAK OR KRABI)
- 07:00 - Wake up to the sounds of nature and birds calling from the bushes close to the tent. When the sun comes up and clears the mist over the mountains and jungle to the south of Elephant Hills the gibbons start to make their morning territorial calls that echo down the valley. Tea and coffee making facilities are available in the tent for early risers; breakfast is at your leisure. Having trekked on elephant back, been paddled by canoe along the river, now it's time to come face to face with the jungle by exploring it on foot. It is not an army survival exercise, there are no prizes for the fastest, snakes and spider do not jump out at you, it is just an opportunity to explore the ecology of the rainforest, to see a great variety of exotic plants, tropical hardwood trees with huge roots, orchids, palms, ferns, bamboos, mosses; the variety is unlimited. Birds such as the hornbill live high up above, gibbon can often be heard calling to their mates, a macaque or leaf monkey may be heard swinging through the branches, every day is different but it is truly wonderful to discover the great variety of life forms that co-exists together. This can only by experienced on foot, take it slowly, look, learn and listen then you too will start to discover some of the secrets of the rainforest. Weather permitting lunch will be served in the rainforest cooked in bamboo, a tradition of jungle explorers for centuries past. Sadly in the afternoon it's time to return to Elephant Hills then onward transfer to your hotel or the airport but you will always know how it feels to be close to nature in the jungle, something you will never forget.
- 14:00 - Depart from the Elephant Hills for Phuket, Khao Lak or Krabi.
- 15:00 - Arrive at your hotels in Khao Lak.
- 16:00-16:30 - Arrive at your hotels in Krabi or Krabi Airport.
- 16:00-16:30 - Arrive at Phuket Airport.
- 17:00-17:30 - Arrive at your hotels in Phuket.
Terms and Conditions
- Please wear non-slip shoes, loose comfortable clothes, bring a small bag or pack with a change of clothes in case you get wet and sun protection or a rain coat depending on the weather. If you want to swim in the river please bring swim wear and towel, please note that all itineraries as above are dependant on the local conditions.
- Elephant Hills Co.,Ltd, 17/2 Soi Yod Sanae, Chalong, Phuket 83130, Tel. 66-7628-0272, Fax. 66-7628-0132
- This tour requires a minimum of two persons to operate.
- Guaranteed daily departure with English speaking guide, year round.
- Guaranteed departure every Monday, Wednesday & Saturday with German speaking guide on joint tour from November, 2011 - April, 2012
- Guaranteed departure every Wednesday with German speaking guide on joint tour from May, 2012 - October, 2012
- FANTASTIC FAMILY SPECIALS
with any full paying adult,
- Child will be charged at special price at Baht 2,000.- nett per person from November 01, 2011 - April 30, 2012 and at Baht 1,730.- nett per person from May 01, 2012 - October 31, 2012.
- Child must be sharing the same tent with parents
- Maximum 1 extra bed (per tent) for child can be provided upon request on free of charge basis and subject to availability
- Maximum 2 child per tent
- Childs age: 4 - 15 years of age
- There is no charge for children between the ages of 1 - 4, however parental discretion is advised for any child under the age of 4.
- Valid from 01 November, 2011 - 31 October, 2012
- The promotion is subject to availability and must be specified at the time of booking.
- Minor program changes are sometimes necessary, depending on local conditions and room availability.
- Should VAT (currently 7%) or any other government taxes or fuel cost be introduced or raised within the contract period, we reserve the right to adjust our rates accordingly to reflect the change.
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR PRICES ARE:
- Return transfer by air-conditioned vehicle.
- Meals (set menu) as mentioned in the program.
- Accommodation on twin share basis in luxury safari tents with attached bathroom, hot water shower and western style toilet.
- Activities organized by English speaking guide, rainforest trek and jungle river canoe trip. The order of activities varies with the weather and local conditions.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR PRICES ARE:
- Optional tours.
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Other tours & meals than mentioned in the program.
Alternative Package Tours
The following Package Tours are available and can be booked now.
2 Days River Kwai Village
Adventure Tours in KanchanaburiPrice:9,690.00 THB
3 Days Hin Tok River Camp at Hell Fire Pass
Adventure Tours in KanchanaburiPrice:9,860.00 THB
3 Days River Kwai Village
Adventure Tours in KanchanaburiPrice:15,840.00 THB
3 Days Mae Hong Son
Adventure Tours in Mae Hong SonPrice:13,150.00 THB
Chiang Mai Package 4 Days 3 Nights at Le Meridien
Sightseeing Tour in Chiang MaiPrice:20,740.00 THB