5 Days Myanmar Classic Tour
5 Day Myanmar Classic Tour including Yangon, Mandalay and Bagan with a stop at Mount Popa (Yangon - Mandalay - Bagan - Yangon)Show More
Asian Trails Myanmar offers special tours for Yangon and excellent rates for the 5 Days Myanmar Classic Tour starting from 2012-05-01 to 2013-10-31 including all taxes and service charges.
Tours are operated with English speaking guidance only; other languages are on request and are subject to supplementary charges.
Start From : 2012-05-01
Start From : 2013-10-31
Tour Package Itinerary
DAY 1 YANGON
- Upon arrival to YANGON airport, you will be welcomed by your Asian Trails guide and transferred to your hotel.
- Your journey begins with an afternoon tour through Yangon's city. Visit SULE PAGODA, dating back over 2,000 years and the magnificent reclining Buddha at CHAUK HTAT GYI. After a photo stop at the KARAWEIK HALL, a barge on Kandawgyi (Royal) Lake, stroll through the BOGYOKE (SCOTTS) MARKET (closed on Mondays and on public holidays) with hundreds of food, clothes, handicrafts and gems stores. Complete your first day in Myanmar with an extended visit to one of the world's most spectacular monuments, the SHWEDAGON PAGODA. Both lunch and dinner are to your own account.
- Overnight stay at Chatrium Hotel (****, Superior room) or similar in Yangon.
DAY 2 YANGON - MANDALAY - AMARAPURA - MANDALAY
- After breakfast you will be transferred to the airport for domestic flight to MANDALAY.
- Upon arrival, excursion to Amarapura, 15 km from Mandalay to visit MAHAGANDAYON, a famous Buddhist monastery, where more than a thousand monks live and study; continue to 200-year-old U BEIN teak bridge, built in 1782 during the era when Amarapura was the Royal capital. Already from the early days the city was known for its silk- and cotton weaving. Visit a traditional hand-woven silk workshop before proceeding to BAGAYA MONASTERY, a compound with a superb collection of Buddha statues.
- After lunch at local restaurant, you will experience the sights and sounds of Mandalay. The SHWE INBIN MONASTERY; the GOLDEN PALACE MONASTERY, a superb example of a traditional wooden building and the KUTHODAW PAGODA the world's largest book made of marble. Visit also one of the most revered religious monuments in Myanmar, the MAHAMUNI PAGODA. Mandalay is also a major arts and crafts center. Visit to Kalaga tapestry craftsmen's shop before proceeding to MANDALAY HILL for sunset viewing.
- Dinner and overnight stay at Mandalay Hill Resort (****, Superior room) or similar in Mandalay.
DAY 3 MANDALAY - MOUNT POPA - BAGAN
- After early breakfast, a 255 km drive (6.5 hours) by road through varied agricultural landscapes will take you to MOUNT POPA.
- After lunch at a local restaurant en-route, the journey continues to MT. POPA, an extinct volcano with spectacular views. Mt. Popa is a popular pilgrimage destination and local people travel here from far away to worship various animist spirits known as "nats". 777 steps lead up to the shrine placed on top of the steep Popa peak. After a scenic drive (around 50 km, 1.5 hours) and a stop at one of the local villages arrive to BAGAN in time to watch the sunset from a temple top over the famous AYEYARWADDY RIVER and the magnificent plain of pagodas and temples.
- Dinner and overnight stay at Myanmar Treasure Resort (***, Superior room) or similar in Bagan.
DAY 4 BAGAN
- Your day will begin early with a nostalgic horse cart ride (if available) to the YWA HAUNG GYI TEMPLE to witness the rise of dawn. Return to the hotel for breakfast.
- After breakfast, stroll through a colorful local market and continue the day with visits to the most significant pagodas and temples of Bagan including SHWEZIGON PAGODA, built by King Anawrahta in the early 11th century as a religious shrine; BU LEI THEE PAGODA, noted for its panoramic view of the area's numerous monuments and ANANDA TEMPLE, with four standing Buddha images.
- In the afternoon learn of the manufacturing Myanmar's most treasured handicrafts and visit a lacquer ware craftsmen's workshop in nearby MYINKABA village. Later continue to MANUHA TEMPLE, built in Mon style in 1059 and explore the NANBAYA TEMPLE, a unique sandstone monument which according to legends used to be palace site of the King Manuha. Visit the ARCHEOLOGICAL MUSEUM housing countless beautiful Buddha images made of bronze, stone and lacquer. Complete the day by watching sunset over the majestic Ayeyarwaddy River from a temple top.
- Lunch will be served at local restaurant.
- Dinner at a riverside restaurant and overnight stay at Myanmar Treasure Resort (***, Superior room) or similar in Bagan.
- OPTIONAL: Experience the magic of Bagan and a thousand years of history from the enchanting platform of a hot air balloon. 'Balloons over Bagan' offer visitors exclusive sunrise flights over the ancient pagodas of Bagan from late October to March. (For details see 'Balloons over Bagan' progamme or contact Asian Trails.)
DAY 5 BAGAN - YANGON
- After breakfast, transfer to Bagan Airport for domestic flight to YANGON. Upon arrival, the rest of the day is free at your leisure for relaxing, shopping or sightseeing in Yangon until departure transfer to the airport for your next flight. The guide and car remain at your entire disposal until your departure flight.
OUR PACKAGE TOUR RATES ARE INCLUSIVE OF:
- Accommodation in shared twin rooms or single room with daily breakfast
- All meals as specified in the program on table d'hote basis (breakfast only in Yangon, full board in up-country)
- All entrance fees (mentioned in the program)
- Transfers and tours with English speaking stationed guides (or as specified)
- Transportation by air-conditioned van/minibus/coach Mandalay-Bagan
- Domestic airfares, Yangon - Mandalay & Bagan - Yangon (see above, quoted separately)
- 1 Tour leader is free of charge as of a minimum of 15 full paying pax
- Service charges, room tax and baggage handling
NOT INCLUDED ARE:
- Travel insurance
- Visa fee for Myanmar
- International Airfare
- Expenditure of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry etc.
- International airport tax in Yangon (US$10.- per person)
- Christmas and New Year's dinner supplement (will be advised at time of booking)
- Services which are not mentioned above
NGAPALI & NGWE SAUNG BEACH EXTENSION:
- Our Ngapali and Ngwe Beach Extensions are ideal for guests who wish to spend some relaxing days at some of the most beautiful and unspoiled beaches in Asia. Air Mandalay, Yangon Airways and Air Bagan operate daily non-stop flights between Yangon and Thandwe (Ngapali Beach). Air Bagan operates flights from Yangon and Heho to Pathein (Ngwe Saung Beach) - request the updated flight schedule information from our office.
- Direct flights to Ngapali also operate from other destinations in Myanmar. See our Beach Extension programs for further information or contact Asian Trails.
- Chatrium Hotel, 40 Natmauk Road, Tamwe Township, Yangon, Yangon Division, Union of Myanmar.
Tel: (+95) 1 544 500, Fax: (+95) 1 544 400
Email: email@example.com / Web: www.chatriumhotelyangon.net, www.chatrium.com
- Mandalay Hill Resort Hotel, No. 9, Kwin (416 B), 10th Street, At the foot of Mandalay Hill, Mandalay, Mandalay Division, Union of Myanmar.
Tel: (+95) 2 35 638, 35 672-675, Fax: (+95) 2 35 639
Email: MDYHILL@mptmail.net.mm; MDYHILL@myanmar.com / Web: www.mandalayhillresorthotel.com
- Myanmar Treasure Resort, Khayay Road, Anawratha Quarter, New Bagan, Union of Myanmar.
Tel: (+95) 61 65442, 65443, 65445, Fax: (+95) 61 60440
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Web: www.myanmartreasureresorts.com
- For cancellation of confirmed reservations, a fee according to the case incurred will be charged. Most hotels have a cancellation deadline of 33 days notice for groups and 7 days for individual travelers. Special conditions apply for cruises, beach resorts as well as for some hotels.
- Cancellation Policy of Chatrium Hotel:
- 08 days prior to arrival : no cancellation fees
- within 08 days prior : 50 % of total reservations value
- within 04 days prior : 100 % of total reservations value
- Cancellation Policy of The Governor's Residence:
Peak season - 1st November 2011 to 29th February 2012
- within 22 days prior : 100% of full stay accommodation charge
- High season - 1st - 31st October 2010, 1st March 2012 - 30th April 2012
- within 22 days prior : 50% of full stay accommodation charge
- within 15 days prior : 100% of full stay accommodation charge
- Low season - 1st May 2012 to 30th September 2012
- within 08 days prior : 100% of full stay accommodation charge
- Cancellation Policy of Myanmar Treasure Resort:
- up to 16 days prior : no cancellation fees
- within 09-15 days prior : 30% of total reservation value
- within 04-08 days prior : 50% of total reservation value
- less than 04 days prior : 100% of total reservation value
- Cancellation Policy of Aureum Palace Bagan Hotel:
- within 23-29 days prior to arrival : 10% of total reservations value
- within 16-22 days prior to arrival : 20% of total reservations value
- within 09-15 days prior to arrival : 30% of total reservations value
- within 05-08 days prior to arrival : 50% of total reservations value
- less than 05 days prior to arrival : 100% of total contracted arrangements
- Cancellation Policy of Mandalay Hill Resort:
- 31 days prior to arrival : 50% of total reservations value
- 22 days prior to arrival : 75% of total reservations value
- less than 15 days prior : 100% of total reservations value
- Asian Trails Ltd. acts as intermediary between the concerned airlines, hotels, all transport operators and local tourist offices providing the services. Asian Trails Ltd. is therefore not responsible for any loss, injury or damage sustained by the tourists, including those occurring outside the touring programs. Additional expenses incurred due to delay, accidents, natural and disaster, political actions and unrest must be borne by the tourists. Programs and prices, services and conditions are based on those valid at the time of printing and are therefore subject to change without advance notice before or during the tour. Participation in our tours implies the tourist's agreement to the above conditions.
Alternative Package Tours
The following Tours are available and can be booked now.