5 Days Southern Explorer
Bangkok – Amphawa – Phetchaburi – Hua Hin - Sam Roi Yod – Chumphon – Khao Sok – Phuket (or Khao Lak or Krabi)
Not far from Bangkok lies Phetchaburi and should be on every cultural traveller’s itinerary. It has temples and palaces like Ayuthaya, outlying jungles and cave shrines. The town offers a delightful slice of provincial life with busmarkets, old teak shophouses.
South of Hua Hin is the beautiful coastal area of Pranburi, some term it as the “Thai Riviera” due to its picturesque views and sleepy fishing villages.
Chumphon is a transit town funnelling travellers to and from Ko Tao or westward to Ranong and Phuket.
Khao Sok National Park is a lowland jungle – the wettest spot in Thailand –it is said to be over 160 million years old, making it one of the oldest rainforests on the globe. It features dramatic limestone formations and sand waterfalls that cascade through juicy thickets drenched with rain.
Phuket (pronounced “Poo-ket”) is Thailand’s largest island and wealthiest province. With an annual influx of over one million tourists this part of the tour is designed to be relaxing and low-key, away from the high pressure environment of the more touristy spots on the island.
Asian Trails Thailand offers special tours for Bangkok and excellent rates for the 5 Days Southern Explorer starting from 2016-11-01 to 2017-10-31 including all taxes and service charges.
Tours are operated with English speaking guidance only; other languages are on request and are subject to supplementary charges.
Start From : 2016-11-01
Start From : 2017-10-31
Tour Package Itinerary
DAY 1 BANGKOK—AMPHAWA— PETCHBURI — HUA HIN [-/L/D]
(Driving distance approx. 258 kms.)
07:00 Early start from Bangkok to visit the Railway Market of Mae Klong where you can see fresh market stalls lying on both sides of the railway tracks. Witness breathing-taking scene when the train approaches the tightly packed market, and watch vendors dismantling their stalls while the train passes through and immediately reoccupying the rails after.
Continue drive to an enchanting Amphawa Market where you have the opportunity to explore probably the most popular weekend market among Bangkokian and admire the century-old wood houses. (Amphawa Floating Market is a weekend market and crowds of vendors and tourists on Saturday & Sunday. However, as this is a community village and some vendors live there, they somehow open their shops on weekday) Take a motorized long-tailed boat to see traditional Thai life along the canal. Disembark at Wat Bang Kung, a rarely found and amazing temple since Ayuthaya period with a huge Banyan tree embracing the chapel with its roots.
Afterwards, drive to Wat Pumarin Kudi Thong, famous for its teak-wood chapel and serve as temple museum with antiquity preservation.
Proceed to Petchaburi, en route lunch at local restaurant.
After lunch, drive to Khao Luang cave with its many much-worshipped Buddha statues. Another stop is at King Mongkut's Summer Palace, climbing up on a 92—meter high verdant hill. The whole compound is comprised of royal halls, palaces, temples and other buildings which were elegantly constructed in a well-balanced Thai, neoclassical Western and Chinese architectural styles.
Proceed to Hua Hin. Check in at THE IMPERIAL HUA HIN BEACH RESORT or similar hotel.
Dinner and accommodations.
Optional: Opportunity to visit Hua Hin city's night market.
DAY 2 HUA HIN —PRANBURI—CHUMPHON [B/L/D]
(Driving distance approx. 285 kms.)
08:00 Drive to Sam Roi Yot National Park. Upon arrival, take a boat ride and hike to Phraya Nakhon cave with the beautiful small pavilion. The cave is made mainly of limestone with skylights above and when the sun shines enter through these skylights, the effect is truly mystical. Continue for lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch, drive southwards with taking a break from a long drive at Ban Krut to visit Wat Tang Sai – Beautiful Buddhist temple on the top of Thongchai mountain. A superbly developed site dedicated to the King and Queen of Thailand. Proceed to Chumphon and check-in at NOVOTEL CHUMPHON BEACH RESORT.
Dinner and accommodations.
DAY 3 CHUMPHON—KHAO SOK [B/L/D]
(Driving distance approx. 267 kms.)
08:00 Drive to the white sandy beaches at Hat Sai Ri. Here, you visit the shrine of the Prince of Chumphon before continuing on to a small coffee farm in Lang Suan District. Why not try a cup of the famous Kopi Luwak espresso? It’s a must-try for coffee lovers, a luxurious and renowned specialty of the region. Afterwards, continue the drive passing local fruit markets selling both fresh and preserved fruits from the nearby orchards.
You then continue to Surathani with a lunch stop en-route. After lunch, it’s on to Phra Borom That Chaiya; an ancient chedi housing various highly respected and worshipped Buddha relics. Next stop is the little handicraft town of Ban Phumriang, notable for its gold and silver brocade silk cloth and jute head gear. Afterwards, carry on to Khao Sok.
17:00 Arrive at Khao Sok National Park and check-in at the KHAOSOK BOUTIQUE CAMPS, offering air-conditioned safari tents with comfortable beds, reading lights, mosquito nets, cold & hot shower and modern toilets.
Dinner and accommodation.
DAY 4 KHAO SOK [B/L/D]
08:45 Start the day trip and head to the elephant camp.
09:15 Arrive at the elephant camp, take your time to observe the daily routines of
the elephants and witness first-hand the bond between elephant and mahout, their care-taker. See them bathing, scrubbing, feeding the animals, even try it yourself. Afterwards go for an elephant ride in the woods and canal. (1.30 hrs.)
11:00 Stop at the Khaosok scenic viewpoint offering a great panorama of the area.
11:15 Visit the Monkey Cave Temple.
12:15 Lunch at Khaosok Discovery Restaurant, near the river.
14:00 Canoe down the Khaosok river (chance to spot flora & fauna along the limestone cliffs) (approx. 0.45-1 hr)
15:45 Back to Khaosok Boutique Camps.
18:30 Dinner and a relaxing evening enjoying the sounds of the jungle.
Accommodation at KHAOSOK BOUTIQUE CAMPS
DAY 5 KHAO SOK—PHUKET (OR KHAO LAK) [B/L/-]
09:00 At the Khaosok National Park office, your tour guide will explain the route and you have time to study the map. You will trek through the Khaosok National Park jungle on foot and have the opportunity to spot enchanting plants, flowers, butterflies, birds, squirrels, reptiles, etc. A self-guided nature trail explains the many ways native plants were used throughout history. (Approximate 3 hrs.)
13:30 Lunch at Khaosok Boutique camps.
14:30 Shower and check out. Then, depart from Khaosok Boutique Camps to return to Khao Lak or Phuket.
18:00-19:00 Arrivel back at your hotel.
- Guaranteed weekly departure on joined tour at minimum of 2 persons with English/German-speaking guide on Sundays.
- Guaranteed daily departure at a minimum of 2 persons from Bangkok to Khaosok with English or German speaking guide on private tour. Activities in Khaosok will be organized on joined tour basis with English speaking guide only. German speaking guide is available on request at a surcharge.
THERE ARE THE FOLLOWING SURCHARGES:
THE IMPERIAL HUA HIN BEACH RESORT
- Peak season surcharge on 20 December, 2016 – 10 January, 2017 = THB 1,500.- net per room per night.
- Compulsory dinner on 31 December, 2016 = THB (to be advised) net per person.
NOVOTEL CHUMPHON BEACH RESORT & GOLF
- Peak season surcharge on 24 December, 2016 – 02 January, 2017 = THB 600.- net per room per night.
- Festive season surcharge on 12 – 16 April, 2017 = THB 600.- net per room per night.
Extra transfer charge locations Phuket:
- Phuket Town, Cape Panwa, Naithorn, Layan and Lam Hin Pier: THB 130.- net per person
- Ao Por, Koh Sirey: THB 250.- net per person
Extra transfer charge locations Khaolak:
- Pakarang Beach, Khuk Khak Beach, Baan Nam Khem Pier: THB 250.- net per person
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR PRICES ARE:
- Accommodation in air conditioned room with bath or shower and meals as mentioned in the program
- Accommodation at Khaosok Boutique Camps is a twin share basis in safari tents with private ensuite bathroom with hot & cold shower and modern style toilets.
- Transfers, entrance fees and tours by air conditioned car/minibus/coach with English/German-speaking guide
- Service charges, room tax, VAT and baggage handling
- Activities in Khaosok organized by Khaosok Discovery with English or German speaking guide on joined tour basis inclusive of elephant trekking, rainforest trekking and jungle river canoe trip. The order of activities varies depending on the weather and local conditions.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR PRICES ARE:
- Optional tours
- Expenditure of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Other tours & meals than mentioned in the program
- Minor program changes are sometimes necessary, depending on road conditions and room availability.
- Should VAT (currently 7%) or any other government taxes or fuel cost be introduced or raised within the contract period, we reserve the right to adjust our rates accordingly to reflect the change.
Alternative Package Tours
The following Tours are available and can be booked now.