7 Days Around Thailand (every Sunday)
"Experience the best of Thailand on this classic journey. Discover the countries busy capital Bangkok, explore the former capital Ayuthaya and experience the North, including Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai and the famous 'Golden Triangle' forming the borders between Thailand, Burma and Laos"Show More
Adventure Tour Bangkok
Asian Trails Thailand offers special tours for Bangkok and excellent rates for the 7 Days Around Thailand (every Sunday) starting from 54,180.00 THB including all taxes and service charges.
Tour Type : Adventure Tour
Valid From : 2012-05-01
Valid To : 2013-10-31
Start From : 54,180.00 THB
Tour Package Itinerary
DAY 1 BANGKOK-AYUTHAYA-LOPBURI-PITSANULOKE
- 06:00 Pick up passengers from major Bangkok hotels.
- 07:00 Depart from Bangkok to Ayuthaya, former capital of Thailand. Principal sights are the gigantic bronze statues of Wat Mongkol Borpith, the three ancient pagodas at Wat Phra Srisanpetch and Wat Pranangcherng. Continue via Saraburi to Phra Buddha Badh with its shrine of the holy footprint of Lord Buddha. Proceed to Lopburi for lunch. Visit museum at Narai Raja Nives Palace, the Prang Sam Yod (Sacred Three-Spired Pagoda), ruins of Wat Phra Sri Ratana Maha Dhat, as well as the Monkey Temple. Proceed by bus to Pitsanuloke and check in at AMARIN LAGOON HOTEL or similar hotel. Dinner and accommodations.
DAY 2 PITSANULOKE-SUKHOTHAI-SRI SATCHANALAI-LAMPANG
- 08:00 Visit Wat Maha Dhat with its revered Buddha statue, Phra Buddha Jinaraj. Depart for Sukhothai, visit famous ruins of Thailand's first capital (1257-1379). See Wat Maha Dhat, the Ramkamhaeng Museum, Wat Sra Sri and Wat Sri Chum. Lunch at local restaurant. Continue to Sri Satchanalai, northern outpost town of the Kingdom of Sukhothai, built by King Ramkamhaeng. Visit Wat Chang Lom, Wat Chedi Jet Thaew, Wat Nang Phya and Wat Phra Sri Ratana Maha Dhat on the site of the Khmer fort 'Chalieng.' Proceed to Lampang and check in at LAMPANG RIVER LODGE or similar hotel. Dinner and accommodations..
DAY 3 LAMPANG-LAMPOON-CHIANG MAI
- 08:00 Depart for Ko Kah to see Wat Phra Dhat Lampang Luang, housing the only Emerald Buddha other than the one at Wat Phra Keo in Bangkok. Continue to visit Wat Phra Keo Don Tao, a very interesting Burmese-style temple, plus Wat Chedi Sao, with its many small pagodas. Proceed to Lampoon. Visit famous Wat Haripoonchai in Lampoon, built in 1157-one of the most sacred monuments in the north. Continue to Chiang Mai. Lunch at local restaurant. Afternoon visit to Handicraft Villages, to observe manufacturing of lacquerware, spinning and weaving of Thai Silk and paper umbrella making. Also visit famous Thai wood-carving factory, with possibility of purchasing Burmese antiques. Check in at FURAMA CHIANG MAI HOTEL or similar hotel.
- 19:30-21.00 Khao Soy Dinner, a signature dish of northern Thai cuisine at 'Just Khao Soy Restaurant'. Optional: Opportunity for bargain-hunters to visit city's night market. Accommodation.
DAY 4 CHIANG MAI
- 08:00-12:00 City Tour. Visit the most interesting temples in Chiang Mai, like Wat Phra Singh with its famous Buddha image, Wat Chiang Man, the oldest temple in Chiang Mai (built by King Mangrai), and Wat Suan Dok, housing remains of many generations of the old Chiang Mai royal families. Also visit Wat Doi Suthep, tucked away in the mountains at 1,056 meters above sea level. Lunch at local restaurant. Afternoon free.
- 19:15-22:15 Kantoke Dinner. Enjoy a typical Thai dinner with presentation of ancient dances from northern Thailand, followed by a performance of dances and songs of various hilltribes. Accommodations at FURAMA CHIANG MAI HOTEL or similar hotel. Optional: Opportunity for bargain-hunters to visit city's night market.
DAY 5 CHIANG MAI-THATORN
- 07:00 Depart Chiang Mai to visit an orchid farm. Continue visit an elephant camp and watch elephants handling the huge logs. The elephants' strength and strategic teamwork will amaze you. Recommended Option: Take one-hour elephant safari into the surrounding countryside. Extra: Baht 600.- per person (two person per elephant).
- 12:30 Lunch at Local Restaurant.
- 13:30 Proceed to Thatorn via Chiang Dao and Fang. En route, visit Chiang Dao Cave at Wat Tham Chiang Dao. The caverns are full of sacred Buddha images and natural formations. The main caven is illuminated by electric lights, while deepest recesses can be explored with oil lanterns.
- 17:00 Arrive Thatorn, a small village just a few kilometers from the Burmese border. Check in at MAE KOK RIVER VILLAGE RESORT or similar hotel. Dinner and accommodations.
DAY 6 THATORN-CHIANG RAI
- 08:00 Depart Thatorn to visit Ban Lorcha, a Phami Akha hilltribe community center. This community-based tourism development project promotes sustainable, self-reliant development to improve the quality of life of villagers of this Akha Community, and is a model for tourism in Hilltribe villages. Drive to Ban Pha Tai and board on motor- powered traditional boats for three-hour journey down Kok River, passing tiny hilltribe villages, bamboo huts and jungle.
- 12:30 Arrive Chiang Rai and disembark at THE LEGEND CHIANG RAI BOUTIQUE RIVER RESORT AND SPA. Check in on arrival and followed by lunch at the hotel.
- 13:30 Continue visit Chiang Rai City, such as Wat Phra Keo where the much venerated Emerald Buddha image was once enshrined and Wat Phrasing where one of the most beautiful Buddha images in Chiang Saen style is enshrined. Visit the statue of King Mengrai who built Chiang Rai City and the Hilltribe Museum and a local market before returning to the hotel. Dinner and accommodations.
DAY 7 CHIANG RAI-BANGKOK
- 07:30 Depart Chiang Rai by minibus to visit Golden Triangle where the borders of Thailand, Myanmar and Laos meet. Take short boat ride on Mekong River. Picnic lunch box provided. Transfer to Chiang Rai Airport.
- 15:30 Depart Chiang Rai by TG-135 (air ticket is not included)
- 16:45 Arrive Bangkok with transfers to your Bangkok hotel
- Amarin Lagoon Hotel, 52/299 Pra-Ongkhao Road, A. Muang, Pitsanuloke 65000. Tel.: (055) 220999, Fax: (055) 220944
- Lampang River Lodge, 330 Moo 11 Chompoo, A. Muang, Lampang 52000. Tel.: (054) 226922, Fax: (054) 336640
- OR: Lampang Wiengthong Hotel, 138/109 Phahonyothin Road, Suandok, Lampang 52000. Tel.: (054) 225801, Fax: (054) 225803
- Furama Chiang Mai, 23 Huay Kaew Road, Chiang Mai 50200. Tel.: (053) 22-2099, (053) 22-2091-3, Fax: (053) 22-1625.
- Maekok River Village Resort, 84 Moo 3, Tambol Thaton, Amphur Mae Ai, Chiang Mai 50280. Tel: (053) 459328, Fax: (053) 459329
- The Legend Chiang Rai Boutique River Resort & Spa, 124/25 Moo 11, Kohloy Road, T. Robwiang, A. Muang, Chiang Rai 57000. Tel. (053) 910400-29, Fax. (053) 719650
- Joint tour with minimum 2 persons.
- Guaranteed weekly departures with English/German/French-speaking guide on Sundays, all meals included.
there are the following surcharges: amarin lagoon hotel
- Supplement charge on 10 November, 2011 (Loy Krathong) & 31 December, 2011 - 01 January, 2012 = THB 240.- nett per room per night.
the legend chiang rai boutique river & spa
- High season surcharge on 24 December, 2011 to 3 January, 2012 = THB 2,400.- nett per room per night.
- Compulsory dinner on 24 December, 2011 = THB 1,920.- nett per person.
- Compulsory dinner on 31 December, 2011 = THB 2,640.- nett per person.
included in the tour prices are:
- Accommodation in airconditioned room with bath (room with shower at Maekok River Village Resort) and meals as mentioned in the programme
- Transfers, entrance fees, and tours by airconditioned car/minibus/coach with English/German/French-speaking guide
- Boat trips
- Service charges, room tax, VAT and baggage handling
not included in the tour prices are:
- Optional tours
- Domestic airticket Chiang Rai-Bangkok
- Domestic airport tax
- International airport tax
- Expenditure of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Other tours & meals than mentioned in the programme
- Minor program changes are sometimes necessary, depending on road conditions and room availability.
- Should VAT (currently 7%), domestic airport tax, domestic airtickets, any other government taxes or fuel cost be introduced or raised within the contract period, we reserve the right to adjust our rates accordingly to reflect the change.
If passenger requires domestic airticket from Chiang Rai to Bangkok, the surcharge is THB (TBA) nett per person (subject to change) and must be specified at time of booking.
Alternative Package Tours
The following Tours are available and can be booked now.
4 Days RV River Kwai Cruise (downstream - every Thursday)
River Cruise in BangkokPrice:30,240.00 THB
3 Days Phnom Penh - Siem Reap Discovery Tour
Discovery Tour in Phnom PenhPrice:331.00 USD
2 Days Hin Tok River Camp at Hell Fire Pass
Adventure Tour in KanchanaburiPrice:5,590.00 THB