5 Days Golden Triangle Tour Package (every Tuesday)
Bordering Laos and Myanmar, the delights of Thailand's Golden Triangle include beautiful jungle terrain, hill-tribes and ancient temples. On this five-day tour, highlights include hill-tribe villages, the former capital of the Lanna kingdom, Mai Sai border town and a stay in a Hmong hilltribe village close to the Burmese border. Also, enjoy long-tail boat rides through remote jungle, elephant camps, orchid farms, handicraft villages, a woodcarving..Show More
Cultural Tour Chiang Rai
Asian Trails Thailand offers special tours for Chiang Rai and excellent rates for the 5 Days Golden Triangle Tour Package (every Tuesday) starting from 40,900.00 THB including all taxes and service charges.
Tour Type : Cultural Tour
Valid From : 2012-05-01
Valid To : 2013-10-31
Start From : 40,900.00 THB
Tour Package Itinerary
TUESDAY - DAY 1 BANGKOK - CHIANG MAI - CHIANG RAI - CHIANG SAEN
- 06:00 - Pick up passengers from major Bangkok hotels and transfer to Bangkok domestic airport.
- 07:45 - Depart Bangkok by TG-102 (air ticket is not included).
- 08:55 - Arrive Chiang Mai Airport. Drive to Chiang Rai and lunch at local restaurant. Continue to Chiang Saen, former capital of the first Thai Kingdom, situated directly on Mekong River at border between Thailand and Laos. Visit Wat Phra Dhat Jom Kitti by climbing 383 steps to top of hill. Also visit Wat Chedi Luang and small museum nearby. Continue by longtail speedboat upriver on the Mekong toward Golden Triangle where borders of Thailand, Myanmar and Laos meet. Check in at IMPERIAL GOLDEN TRIANGLE or similar hotel. Dinner and accommodations.
WEDNESDAY DAY 2 CHIANG SAEN - DOI MAE SALONG - MAE SAI - CHIANG RAI
- 08:00 - Depart from Chiang Saen to visit Lisu Village at Ban Mae Kaotom and continue uphill via Mae Chan to visit Yao and Akha hilltribe village. Proceed to Doi Mae Salong, passing through beautiful mountain scenery. View takes in a stunning view of Thailand, Myanmar and the Mekong Valley. Lunch at Mae Salong Villa in Doi Mae Salong. Depart Doi Mae Salong to Mae Sai, the northernmost Thai town on the Myanmar border. Walk around local market with opportunity for shopping. Before returning to Chiang Rai, short stop at fish cave. Check in at THE LEGEND CHIANG RAI BOUTIQUE RIVER RESORT & SPA or similar hotel. Dinner and accommodations.
THURSDAY DAY 3 CHIANG RAI - THATORN - HMONG HILLTRIBE LODGE
- 07:30 - Leave hotel for boat landing. Board simple longtail motorboats for three-hour journey up Kok River, passing tiny hilltribe villages, bamboo huts and jungle scenery. Disembark at Ban Pha Tai and continue by bus to visit Ban Lorcha, a Phami Akha hilltribe community center. This community-based tourism development project promotes sustainable, self-reliant development to improve the quality of life of villagers of this Akha Community, and is a model for tourism in Hilltribe villages. Lunch at local restaurant.
Proceed to Mae Rim via Fang and Chiang Dao. Continue by landrover to HMONG HILLTRIBE LODGE, for BBQ dinner followed by presentation of Meo dances and overnight stay.
FRIDAY DAY 4 HMONG HILLTRIBE LODGE - CHIANG MAI
- 08:00 - Drive to elephant camp and watch elephants taking timber in forest. Their strength and strategic teamwork will amaze you.
- Take one-hour elephant safari into the surrounding countryside. Extra: Baht 600.- per person. (two person per elephant)
- Continue with visit to orchid farm and lunch at local restaurant. Afternoon visit to Handicraft Villages to see manufacture of lacquerware, spinning and weaving of Thai Silk and to watch how paper umbrellas are made. Also visit a well-known Thai wood-carving factory, with possibility of buying Burmese antiques.
- Check in at FURAMA CHIANG MAI HOTEL or similar hotel.
- 19:15-22:15 - Kantoke Dinner. Enjoy typical Thai dinner with ancient dances from northern Thailand followed by a performance of dances and songs by various hilltribes.
Optional: Opportunity to visit city's night market in search of bargains. Accommodations.
SATURDAY DAY 5 CHIANG MAI - BANGKOK
- 08:00-11:30 - City Tour. Visit the most interesting temples in Chiang Mai, like Wat Phra Singh with its famous Buddha image, Wat Chiang Man, oldest temple in Chiang Mai and built by King Mangrai, and Wat Suan Dok, housing remains of many generations of the old Chiang Mai Royal Family. Also visit Wat Doi Suthep, tucked away in the mountains at 1,056 meters above sea level. Lunch at local restaurant.
- 13:00 - Transfer to Chiang Mai Airport.
- 14:40 - Depart Chiang Mai by TG-111 (air ticket is not included).
- 15:50 - Arrive Bangkok with transfers to your Bangkok hotel.
- Guaranteed weekly departures on joint tour with English/German/French-speaking guide, every Tuesday at a minimum of 2 persons.
- Guaranteed daily departures on private tour with multilingual guide.
- Imperial Golden Triangle Resort, 222 Golden Triangle, Chiang Saen, Chiang Rai 57150. Tel.: (053) 784001, Fax: (053) 784006
- The Legend Chiang Rai Boutique River Resort & Spa, 124/25 Moo 11, Kohloy Road, T. Robwiang, A. Muang, Chiang Rai 57000. Tel. (053) 910400-29, Fax. (053) 719650
- Hmong Hilltribe Lodge, (Chiang Mai Office) 301/8 Soi Sbun-Nga, Nimmanhaemind Road, Chiang Mai 50200. Tel.: (053) 216780, Fax: (053) 215072. At The Lodge-Tel.: (053) 261151-4 Ext. 2028.
- Furama Chiang Mai, 23 Huay Kaew Road, Chiang Mai 50200. Tel.: (053) 22-2099, (053) 22-2091-3, Fax: (053) 22-1625.
- Minor program changes are sometimes necessary, depending on road conditions and room availability.
- Should VAT (currently 7%) or domestic airport tax, or domestic air tickets be raised, or any other government taxes, or fuel cost be introduced within the contract period, we reserve the right to adjust our rates accordingly to reflect the change.
- If passenger requires domestic airticket Bangkok-Chiang Mai-Bangkok, the surcharge is Bath 9,460.- nett per person (subject to change) and must be specified at time of booking.
INCLUDED IN TOUR PRICES ARE
- Accommodation in air-conditioned room with bath (no- airconditioned room with shower at Hmong Hilltribe Lodge) and meals as mentioned in the programme
- Transfers, entrance fees, and tours by airconditioned car/minibus/coach with English/German/French-speaking guide
- Boat trip
- Service charges, room tax, VAT and baggage handling
NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR PRICE ARE
- Domestic airticket Bangkok-Chiang Mai-Bangkok
- Domestic airport tax
- Optional tours
- International airport tax
- Expenditure of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Other tours & meals than mentioned in the programme
Alternative Package Tours
The following Tours are available and can be booked now.
4 Days RV River Kwai Cruise (downstream - every Thursday)
River Cruise in KanchanaburiPrice:30,240.00 THB
4 Days Southern Highlights (every Monday)
Adventure Tour in PhuketPrice:37,540.00 THB
4 Days Magic Angkor Tour
Traditional Tour in Siem ReapPrice:435.00 USD