Contract Manager (Thailand)
Purpose of the role
The key objective of this role is to establish, manage and optimise relationships with hotels. The successful candidate will improve the current portfolio by focusing on key hotels and local chains to consolidate and strengthen the Asian Trails brand as the top DMC in the online/offline business environment. The role will focus on performance, market opportunities and industry trends. Daily activities include efficient and proactive yielding as well as establishing and developing valued long-term partnerships with strategic planning and contracting of the assigned portfolio.
- Negotiate new contracts and re-negotiate existing agreements at the best commercial terms possible.
- Negotiate and secure special deals and offers aligning with regular marketing activities.
- Evaluate market trends and competitor activity and provide analysis and recommendations to management.
- Monitor the performance of each supplier to ensure competitiveness and availability.
- Assist with the delivery on KPIs and strategic targets.
- Coordinate with management on strategic planning and objectives.
- Lead relations with top local and selected regional partners.
- Apply best practice approach for negotiating and contracting.
- Assist in resolving complaints with our suppliers, negotiating the most suitable solution to maintain good relationships.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in travel industry.
- Solid experience in negotiating agreements and conditions with suppliers.
- Solid experience and commercial knowledge of the travel & hospitality industries, key competitors, industry issues and related technology.
- Proven ability to build strong internal and external relationships with individuals and partners using an open and consultative approach.
- Experienced with proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English (spoken & written).
- Numerical & analytical skills and attention to detail, particularly in yielding, contracting, distribution and sales reports.
- Strong negotiation skills written, spoken and face to face.
- Able to work independently as well as part of the team.
- Able to travel locally and work flexible hours.
Asian Trails will only consider candidates with a genuine interest in joining a dynamic inbound travel company. Interested candidates are invited to send your updated resume, including a cover letter with salary expectations, a current photograph (not older than 6 months) and available start date in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.