Group Operations Executive
Purpose of the role
Asian Trails Singapore’s role as Group Operations Executive is a key position for coordination between the Asian Trails office and its overseas partners and local suppliers to fulfil the need of its customers. A large part of the role is to ensure that all daily operations (including ground operations, bookings, communication, and negotiations) are in line with the customer’s and company’s requirements in a professional, timely manner. Based in Singapore, the ideal candidate will become a part of a great team of passionate travel colleagues.
- Arranging guide and supplier briefing with group reservation and MICE team
- Assisting in sourcing and negotiating ground suppliers’ contracts to ensure that rates are competitive in the market
- Attending group’s requests on the ground, leading the operation from arrival to departure, managing on the spot last-minute changes, and handling any situation that may arise during group visits
- Conducting investigation on complaints when required
- Fostering good relationships with hotels and suppliers
- Handling the company’s hotline (24/7 while the group are on the ground)
- Handling inventory and operation stock such as printable materials, corporate merchandise and etc.
- Supporting the group reservation team in bookings for ground suppliers (transport, guides, attractions and F&B) and ensuring confirmations are being provided according to company standards
- Performing adequate follow-ups on group arrival and schedule reminders for excursions and departure transfers
- Preparing and finalizing daily transfer logs, itineraries, welcome kits and gifts for group arrivals, excursions and departures
- Visiting VIP clients and groups for welcome briefings
- Work closely with colleagues from other departments and offices within the Asian Trails Malaysia head office.
- A degree in the hospitality and tourism industry is highly preferred
- Minimum 4-years’ experience in a travel & tourism company – experience in a similar position or with MICE groups is a prerequisite
- Excellent command of English – both verbally and in writing – is essential. Knowledge of a third language is seen as an asset
- Able to delegate, cooperate and coordinate with all concerned persons and institutions within the travel industry
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) and excellent computing skills. Experience with DMC software is an advantage
- The ideal candidate must be detailed-orientated, service-minded, have some experience in negotiations and have the drive to deliver exceeding expectations
- Able to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work flexible hours during peak season. A “Can Do” attitude and positive thinking that includes creative thinking is an asset
- This position is only open for Singapore nationals or residents with a work permit.
Asian Trails will only consider those with a genuine interest in joining a dynamic inbound travel company. Interested and potential candidates are invited to send us your updated resume, including a cover letter with salary expectations, a current photo (not older than 6 months), the date when you will be available and state why Asian Trails would benefit in hiring the suitable candidate in English in Word to Ms Izzaty or Ms Natasha via email: hr(@)asiantrails.com.my