Hotel Market/Contracting Officer (Indonesia)
Purpose of the role
This important role within the Product and Contracting Department at Asian Trails Indonesia is to develop and maintain relationships and negotiate with hotels and resorts to ensure the company receives the best rates, conditions, and service. It includes oversight of the contracting process, contract negotiations, document management, and clear communication with the data loading team. This position will report to the Assistant Accommodation Manager.
- Negotiate yearly and promotional contract rates with key accommodation providers
- Develop relationships with new accommodation providers
- Update information about price, promotions, allotments and stop-sale conditions from suppliers to related departments
- Cooperate closely with the contracting, loading, product and inbound teams
- Assist in analysing contracts and benchmarking rates against main competitors
- Support Contracting Department on Contracting Strategy plan and implementation
- Participate actively in local networking.
- Bachelor’s degree in tourism and/or related working experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in tourism industry
- Good command of English, additional European languages are an asset
- Be accurate and detail oriented
- Existing network of contacts in the hotel industry, Bali and outside Bali area
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Pleasant personality and strong initiative
- Analytical and commercial in their approach
- A strong sense of responsibility and the ability to prioritise and organise are preferred skill sets to fill this role
- Able to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work flexible hours during peak season
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- A “Can Do” attitude and positive thinking that includes creative thinking is an asset
- This position is open for Indonesian nationals only.
Asian Trails will only consider candidates with a genuine interest in joining a dynamic inbound travel company. Interested candidates are invited to send your updated resume, including a cover letter with salary expectations, a current photograph (not older than 6 months) and available start date in English to email@example.com.