Inbound Manager – English-Speaking Markets (Thailand)
Purpose of the role
The role of the Inbound Manager for the English-speaking markets is integral in the development of new collaborative efforts and maintaining internal procedures with our office in Thailand. The suitable candidate will actively participate in the development in the English-speaking markets, together with a dynamic team of local travel professionals. Based in Bangkok, the ideal, English-speaking candidate will become a part of a great team of travel professionals in Thailand.
- Liaising with customers to understand the requirements and anticipate this.
- Developing business relationships with key accounts and find solutions to increase business opportunities.
- Working with different departments and their respective managers with a focus on product development, operations, quality control measures and customer relations.
- Leading the team by example whilst driving and growing business in the English-speaking markets in terms of sales and margins.
- Creating training and quality management roles, in accordance with the company’s structure.
- Creating and maintaining an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture where clear goals are set, tasks are delegated with clear guidelines and deadlines, and the various team members keep being coached and developed.
- Maintaining excellent supplier relationships and negotiate the best possible ad-hoc rates.
- Designing and hosting/coordinating inspection trips for agent familiarization trips leading to new business ideas in coordination with the sourcing team and conducting regular training with the team.
- Being the “ambassador” of Asian Trails Thailand during trade shows, industry-related events and sales calls.
- Setting up various plans and reports based on business development and internal communication strategies.
- Following up payment for non-credit agents/overdue credit, and make sure all payments are received within the given deadline.
- Ensuring that all relevant data is uploaded to the Asian Trails’ administration system as well as all relevant platforms and understanding the overall concept.
- Bachelor’s Degree in tourism; a university degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years in a management position in the tourism industry is a prerequisite.
- Native speaking/fluent command of verbal and written in English is essential. Other languages are a plus.
- Working experience in the travel & tourism industry in Thailand is a must.
- Good command of Microsoft Office applications and excellent computing skills.
- Open for some travel within Thailand and abroad.
- Having capability in developing standards, quality management, coordination and coaching techniques.
- Able to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work flexible hours during peak season. A “Can Do” attitude and positive thinking, includes creative thinking.
- A strong sense of responsibility and the ability to prioritize and organize are preferred skill sets to fill this role. Working under pressure is to be expected.
- This position is available for foreigners only, preferably native English-speaking.
Asian Trails will only consider those with a genuine interest in joining a dynamic inbound travel company. Interested and potential candidates are invited to send us your updated resume, including a cover letter with salary expectations, a current photo (not older than 6 months), the date when you will be available and state why Asian Trails would benefit in hiring you for this position and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org