MICE and Groups Coordinator
Purpose of the role
The successful candidate will responsible for coordinating the MICE department. This involves implementing all sales activities and maximising business opportunities in a designated area of responsibility, including handling bookings and ensuring direct quality service.
- Preparing and coordinating the group logistics on the ground with the assistance of the MICE and Group Operation Officer;
- Being an expert for a specified market and understanding our key clients and their customers’ needs;
- Creating new products relevant to the market;
- Supervising our MICE product data;
- Handling and preparing bookings and quotation requests in English;
- Ensuring that all relevant data is uploaded in Asian Trails’ administration system.
- A minimum two years of experience working in MICE, event companies, or the travel industry;
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in tourism and/or hospitality studies; or in lieu of this, relevant working experience;
- Excellent command and communication skills in English. Fluency in a second language (Spanish or French) will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of tourism products available within Indonesia is a plus;
- Proficient computer skills;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with flexibility and understanding of clients’ expectations;
- A high degree of customer service and satisfaction orientation, with fast, clear, professional and straight-to-the-point dialogue;
- Good attention to detail;
- Team work player and skills, with a commitment to help MICE department colleagues;
- Dedication to input to ensure work is completed on time;
- An ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work flexible hours, with a ‘can do’ attitude and positive and creative thinking;
- This position is open to foreigners and Indonesian nationals.
Asian Trails will only consider those with a genuine interest in joining a dynamic destination management company. Interested candidates are invited to send us an updated resume, a cover letter with salary expectations, a current photo (not older than six months), the date when you will be available to start and a brief summary of why Asian Trails would benefit in hiring you (written in English in Microsoft Word format) to: lydia(@)asiantrails.co.id