Product Development Specialist
Purpose of the role
The main objective of a non-accommodation product specialist is overseeing the complete maintenance of a specific product portfolio. This includes cost calculation, price negotiations, and controlling net costs with local suppliers in Thailand. The product specialist must be able to keep his/her own product portfolio updated and carry out constant research on the tourism industry services, to be able independently to do benchmarking, create new products and present them to the Non-Accommodation Manager and sales department.
Key Responsibilities / Job Description
- Supervising and owning a specific product list (activities, transfers, and/or tour packages), including the contracting process with the related local suppliers
- Implementation, actualization, coding, and maintenance of Asian Trails’ tariffs
- Taking care of tariffs standard cost control and actualization, including product templates
- Conducting regularly market and competition research (benchmarking) for the development of new products
- In charge of product creation/development in coordination with the Sourcing team
- Assisting the Non-Accommodation Product Manager in contracting and negotiating with new or existing suppliers
- Regularly reporting updates and progress to the Non-Accommodation Manager
- Ensuring the correct implementation of Sustainability guidelines.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position in the travel industry
- Good knowledge of Thailand’s travel products
- Thai language is essential with proficient level of English, both in written and oral form
- Good written and verbal communication, presentation, cooperation and interpersonal skills
- Possesses excellent command of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience in negotiating agreements and conditions with local suppliers
- Able to handle multiple projects and effectively manage different timelines
- Able to travel locally and work flexible hours
- A “Can Do” attitude and positive thinking that includes creative thinking is an asset.
- This position is open for Thai nationals only.
Asian Trails will only consider those with a genuine interest in joining a dynamic inbound travel company. Interested and potential candidates are invited to send us your updated resume, including a cover letter with salary expectations, a current photo (not older than 6 months), the date when you will be available and state why Asian Trails would benefit in hiring you for this position and send to recruit(@)asiantrails.org