Asian Markets (Malaysia)
Purpose of the role
The Reservations Executive at Asian Trails plays a vital role in the reservation process. Daily tasks involve receiving requests from international travel agents abroad. The responsibilities of this role include preparing quotations, promptly following up on these quotations, and managing the booking of various services with our branch offices, partner hotels, and suppliers in Malaysia and Singapore. This position requires efficient preparation and booking of all travel-related services. Additionally, it involves handling the invoicing process and ensuring timely payment collection.
- Responsible for reservations and quotations, for both individual as well as group travel requests of all travel-related requirements
- Creating and advising tailor-made travel packages
- Follow up on sent over programs
- Ensuring that all relevant data is uploaded into Asian Trails’ administration system and filed appropriately
- Monitoring and appropriately following up on accounting and payment procedures with customers
- Coordination with the operation department with our offices in booking land services
- Maintaining excellent business relationships with suppliers and customers
- Supporting on-the-ground site inspections for groups
- Work closely with colleagues from other departments and offices within the Asian Trails Malaysia and Singapore.
- Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in the hospitality and tourism industry
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a travel & tourism company
- Good command of English (both verbal and written) is essential
- Knowledge of Malaysia and Singapore’s destinations is a must
- Experience with Destination Management software is an advantage
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) and excellent computing skills
- Able to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work flexible hours during peak season
- A “Can Do” attitude and positive thinking with a creative mindset is an asset
- This position is only open for Malaysian nationals
Asian Trails will only consider candidates with a genuine interest in joining a dynamic inbound travel company. Interested candidates are invited to send your updated resume, including a cover letter with salary expectations, a current photograph (not older than 6 months) and available start date in English to Ms. Izzaty or Ms. Natasha at email@example.com.