Print Shortlink

Temporary Suspension for Lombok and Gili Island Travel

Dear friends and business partners

Following this morning’s announcement we would like to update you that Asian Trails Indonesia has decided to suspend all travel out to the Gili Island & Lombok until the 9th August.

During this time we will be consulting with local partners, government bodies and hotels in the area to assess the situation on Lombok and the Gili Islands and whether it is safe to send clients from the 10th August onwards. We will be contacting all agents and their clients to update them and discuss the options available to them

We have already started to move clients off of Lombok, however with no speed boat crossings, long ques for ferry crossings and limited flight availability, we anticipate that a large number of clients will still remain on the island tonight, with most opting to remain outside in an area which our local partners have set up for them within their grounds.

We will continue to keep you updated on the situation and will be contacting all affected agents directly with updates on their clients.