B2C Terms and Conditions
Asian Trails Ltd. is committed to delivering creative, safe and high-quality services and customer experiences through a network of nine own-operated destinations in the region. With a focus on customer safety, quality control and service delivery, Asian Trails Ltd. assures the comfort of reliable standards across the countries it operates in with a clearly defined set of socially responsible values.
Services and bookings will be handled on an ad-hoc request and confirm basis, subject to availability, with reservation status changes communicated immediately;
- Upon provision of comprehensive details, such as names, arrival and departure flights and timings, number of adults, children (with ages) and infants, with dietary or other special requirements, we will ensure we respond to the customer’s request efficiently;
- Acknowledgements and confirmations will be sent to the customer by e-mail within 24 hours, whenever possible;
- In the event Asian Trails Ltd. is unable to confirm the customer’s request, it will provide an alternative, wherever possible, for the customer’s consideration and acceptance;
- Confirmations could take longer than 24 hours for extensive, custom-made or complex multi-city or multi-country itineraries and for groups where rates and services can benefit from specific negotiation(s);
- Asian Trails Ltd. reserves the right to charge a handling fee for reservations.
Per person rates
- All tours and transfer rates are per person and inclusive of all applicable charges and taxes, unless otherwise specified.
Unless otherwise specified, all quoted rates are inclusive of applicable taxes (including service charges, Value Added Taxes (VAT) and/or locally charged taxes). Domestic tourism taxes and/or airport taxes may be applicable and are not included. These need to be paid directly to the relevant authority, by the customer. In the event of government imposed tax changes, Asian Trails Ltd. reserves the right to alter the rates accordingly. Asian Trails Ltd. reserves the right to collect from the customer any differentials which may arise.
Cancellations & refund policies
In the unfortunate event of a cancellation, Asian Trails Ltd. will uphold the standard cancellation and/or refund conditions in line with the supplier(s) and/or as indicated in the general conditions from Asian Trails Ltd. Cancellation and/or refund conditions will be advised at time of quotation/offer.
Fuel and other surcharges
Asian Trails Ltd. reserves the right to change rates in case fuel prices and/or surcharges of any other kind increase beyond the control of Asian Trails Ltd.
- Unless otherwise stated, Asian Trails Ltd. requires full pre-payment for all reservations at least 30 days prior to arrival;
- Asian Trails Ltd. may charge deposit(s) which will be advised at time of quotation/booking;
- All bank charges and fees are to be paid by the customer;
- Asian Trails Ltd. reserves the right to add additional charges when payments by credit cards are made.
It is strongly recommended that the customer obtain comprehensive travel insurance while travelling that covers matters such as death, injury, sickness, theft, damage of any kind, and other important matters.
Neither Asian Trails Ltd. nor its employees/ agents/suppliers or business partners shall be held responsible for any loss, damage or theft of personal belongings or sickness, injury or other medical matters. Asian Trails Ltd. will assist the customer in any mishap, the cost of which shall be borne directly by the customer.
Health and safety
Asian Trails Ltd. complies with all local health guidelines in its selection of product and provision of services. All the customers are required at all times to follow the safety regulations for any service provided e.g. wearing seat belts during transfers and wearing life vests for any boat/sailing tour.
Unless otherwise specified, all tours and transfers are operated under the following conditions:
- All tours operated include locally-insured, in good working order transport;
- Local guides are provided as specified in the service details and/or itinerary;
- Assistance requirements for languages other than English are subject to availability and may require additional charges;
- Tours include entrance fees, meals (where mentioned) excluding any drinks, guide fees and other expenses, specifically mentioned in the tour programme.
- Transportation (road or water transport) are operated by fully-licensed drivers / operators, in accordance with country operational standards. Vehicles are maintained strictly in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications and kept clean and in good working order;
- Transportation will be in coach / mini coach / mini-van or car with qualified, licensed driver;
- Vehicles are licensed, insured according to the standards of the governing country, and equipped with seat belts for all passengers to comply with all local road traffic regulations;
- Licensed water transport will be of good quality and life jackets will be provided for all clients.
Guides and representation in each destination
Asian Trails Ltd. provide a multi-lingual team of professional guides and all guides are licensed and registered with the relevant authorities and undergo extensive training, prior to leading tours.
Corporate social responsibility
Asian Trails Ltd. strongly believes in creating a sustainable and responsible business platform and is committed to “giving back” to the communities in which we reside. Since the first Asian Trails Ltd. office was opened in 1999 we have sponsored disadvantaged children to attend school and university, collected equipment and supplies for orphanages on an annual basis and been actively involved in other aid intervention programmes.
Today our efforts have expanded and we proudly support various projects across the region. For more information about sharing and caring for local communities, please check out our website (www.asiantrails.travel) for more information.
Our sustainability operations go far beyond the protection of our destinations’ flora and fauna. As part of our ongoing commitment to contribute to operate sustainably across all our operations, Asian Trails Ltd. is a certified Partner under the Travelife (www.travelife.org) framework. The Travelife standard is covering the ISO 26000 Corporate Social Responsibility themes, including the environment, biodiversity, human rights and labour relations; and is formally recognised as being in full compliance with the UN supported Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria.
Travelife, which has been established with the support of the European Commission, is the leading international sustainability certification for the travel sector and is supported by numerous national travel associations.
Carbon offsetting programme
As part of our initiatives that follow sustainable paths, Asian Trails Ltd. is offering carbon offsetting programmes for all customers travelling with us. This eco-friendly add-on is a voluntary initiative where all proceeds go towards carefully chosen partners whom we have joined on this quest to work actively to reduce the economic and socio-cultural impacts CO2 has on the climate.
For more information, how this works and how you, as a valuable partner and client, can take part in this green scheme, kindly contact us.
Provided content and Intellectual Property Rights
All information – text, images, reviews, any downloadable files, and other information provided on our platforms – is copyright protected and its content and information cannot be used / duplicated / copied / linked or distributed in any way, unless written confirmation from Asian Trails Ltd. has been granted.
We have obtained exclusive ownership of all rights, interests and title deeds, including the design of our online platforms, bearing our name and/or is (in)directly associated with us.
In case you wish to use information (whole and /or a part) of the above-mentioned, you require written confirmation from us – this includes as well translations of any kind. Any proven use of unlawfully actions or behaviour that reflects the use of these intellectual property rights is considered a material infringement and may be held liable in accordance to the law of that respective country.
All information provided in our communication via any online or offline channel (visual and in writing) is considered marketing material and may not sketch the actual situation, service provided and/or represents an actual depiction of the shown services. Asian Trails Ltd. cannot be held accountable in any way when the shown information on offers, itineraries, publications of any kind when this does not correspond with the actual situation.
Complaints and irregularities
Asian Trails Ltd. considers complaints as valuable feedback to improve service delivery levels. We request that service delivery failures or customer concerns, be reported during the customer’s stay, to one of our representatives. It is the aim of the company to solve any irregularity on the spot. The company reserves the right to refuse to take action on perceived irregularities submitted to the company 30 days after the customer returns back home.
Licenses and permits
All Asian Trails Ltd. offices, subcontracted suppliers and other service providers use and comply with the requisite license and permit requirements, based on the relevant regulations of each country that Asian Trails Ltd. operates in.
Asian Trails Ltd. shall not be in default of its obligations to the extent that its performance is delayed or prevented by causes beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to, acts of God, natural disasters, famine, pandemic, epidemic, strikes and other labour disturbances, acts of war, or civil disturbances, or other equivalent or comparable events.
Asian Trails Ltd. cannot be held liable for any damage or injury (including death) to property or person(s) resulting from intentional or negligent acts or omissions from third party officers, employees, agents, contractor or subcontractor in connection with the performance of this Agreement.
This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the governing country. The parties agree to submit any dispute arising between the parties under this Agreement to arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the respectable Arbitration Institute, Office of the Judiciary applicable at the time of submission of the dispute to arbitration and the conduct of the arbitration thereof shall be under the auspices of the specific Arbitration Institute accordingly.
Asian Trails Ltd. accepts no responsibility and shall not be liable for any injury, illness, loss, accident, expenses, delay or other irregularity resulting from the customer’s participation in any of its services provided (tours, transfers and touring programs). Asian Trails Ltd. acts as an intermediary between all airlines, hotels, local tourist offices and other service providers. Therefore Asian Trails Ltd. preserves the right to modify tours and itineraries with or without notice. Asian Trails Ltd. package tours are organised in conjunction with the respective airline(s) scheduled flights, itineraries and timetables are provisional and subject to change without notice. Acknowledgement and confirmation of the above-mentioned conditions is active, once the customer participates in one of the provided services via Asian Trails Ltd.
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
Asian Trails Ltd. shall have the following obligations in relation to data protection. For the purposes of this Agreement, “Personal Data” shall have the meaning set out in EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) (2016/679) (“Data Protection Law”).
All Personal Data will be processed in line with the intended purpose and will not be used for any other purpose. Asian Trails Ltd. will keep a record of any processing of personal data it carries out on behalf of the customer.
Rights of the Data Subject:
Promptly comply with any request from the customer requiring Asian Trails Ltd. to amend, transfer or delete the Personal Data:
- Provide, at request of the customer, a copy of all Personal Data held by it in the format and on the media reasonably specified by the customer;
- Only collect any Personal Data on behalf of the customer in the form which will be provided to Asian Trails Ltd. and which will contain a data protection notice informing the data subject of the identity of the data controller, the identity of any data protection representative it may have appointed, the purpose or purposes for which their Personal Data will be processed and any other information which is necessary having regard to the specific circumstances in which the date is, or is to be, processed to enable processing in respect of the data subject to be fair. Asian Trails Ltd. shall not modify or alter the form in any way without the prior written consent of the customer;
- Promptly inform the customer of any action that results in the loss, destruction, alteration, unauthorised disclosure, or access to, personal data.
Asian Trails Ltd. warrants that:
- It will process the Personal Data in compliance with all applicable Data Protection laws; and
- It will take appropriate technical and organisational measures against the unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data to ensure compliance with the Data Protection Law.
- Asian Trails Ltd. shall notify the customer immediately if it becomes aware of any advance in technology and methods of working which mean that the customer should revise their data security measures.