Digital Trails: How it works
When booking your Digital Trails package through Asian Trails, your travellers have access to our reliable Asian Trails’ support and emergency services throughout their journey. Our local Asian Trails’ agents are available via phone and chat for on-the-spot assistance and can help with booking additional services.
Your local Asian Trails’ agent will take care of the booking details and check any logistical arrangements on the guest’s behalf, such as hotels and transfers or bicycle rental, depending on the inclusions in their booking.
The 72-Hour Pass
1. This convenient, all-in-one pass provides access to all guided and self-guided Digital Trails during a 72-hour period.
2. The guided walks are led by an English-speaking guide and guests can hop-on and hop-off the routes at any time.
3. Self-guided walks are available daily with flexible start times.
How to activate Digital Trails
How to join a guided Digital Trail
Get the app
Before starting the tour, download the app where you can view information about your scheduled tour.
Meet the local expert
Make your way to the meeting point where the local expert is waiting.
Show your voucher
To unlock the guided features on the app, present the QR code on your booking confirmation to the local expert.
Connect to wifi
On the guided walk, a local Internet package is provided so you can avoid international roaming charges.
Enjoy the tour
Gain additional insights from the local expert about the destination’s culture, cuisine and more as you make your way along the route.
At the end of the guided tour, you can continue on a self-guided route or navigate your way around the city using the digital roadbook and GPS route information.
What else do I need to know?
1. Guided walks operate with a minimum of one and maximum of 15 participants.
2. Audio and written content on the app is available in multiple languages.
3. The 72-Hour Pass is valid for 12 months after the date of purchase. Once activated, the ticket will expire within 72 hours.
4. Digital Trails do not include transfers to/from hotels. Travellers are advised to make their own way and should arrive at the meeting point ahead the scheduled start time.
5. Children aged 0-12 years can join Digital Trails for free when accompanied by a paying adult.